Purpose of the Role
Aesop’s approach to visual merchandising is unlike industry archetype. It encompasses all Five “Traditional” senses which is expressed throughout every Aesop environment. We respect and contribute to local communities whilst speaking in the same design language, globally.
Aesop Visual Merchandiser requires a precise hand and detailed eye in navigating our unique portfolio of stores. This role is responsible for the upkeeping and presentation of all stores, activation and wholesale accounts within Japan. Its aim is to communicate campaign concepts internally, provide merchandising planograms, merchandising solutions that ease retail flow and create poetic displays that define the company’s position outside of the industry. This position will be based in Tokyo, Japan, within the Marketing function.
The successful candidate will possess a high standard of attention to detail and be responsible for:
Construct VM solution, lead projects and manage budgets in line with annual marketing plan.
Coordinate the creation, procurement, execution and delivery of all activations.
Active participation in the development of Visual Merchandising solutions to support the Aesop retail environment.
Implementation and adaptation of campaigns in all Aesop Signature Stores, Counters and touchpoints across Aesop Japan based on a clear understanding of campaign concept.
Working collaboratively amongst Marketing and Retail managers to ensure the presentation of all Signature stores, Counters and touch points are aligned with company standards and guidelines.
Regular interfacing/accountability with Regional VM Manager.
Manage reconciliation and safe storage of all props aligned with company’s sustainable approach.
Efficient and rational communication of project planning and timelines across all functions and stakeholders.
Providing visual merchandising support for wholesale partners and stockist.
Create comprehensive reports, review and monitor effectiveness upon completion of each project.
Able to measure effectiveness of activations and provide alternative solutions.
- Fluent in Japanese language.
- Basic understanding of English language. Green score equivalent in TOEIC certificate.
- A creative individual who is well familiarized with corporate structure.
- An experienced individual in the field of Industrial design, Architectural design, Interior design or communication design.
- Possess a good understanding of three-dimensional space.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Effective communication skills in rationalizing concepts to a broad team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intermediate software knowledge (Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Adobe illustrator)