Nike Factory Stores Planning & Allocation Manager
About the Nike Direct DSM team
Nike Direct DSM (Demand & Supply Management) team creates and executes financial, assortment and inventory plans for our Nike Direct businesses to drive sustainable profitable growth for Nike, Inc.
About the role
Nike DSM believes that consumer demand is Nike Demand.As Planning Manager for Nike Factory Stores (NFS), you'll play a significant role in supporting that vision. In this critical role you will lead, develop, drive engagement and inspire the best possible performance in planning and allocation teams to deliver consumer right assortments and promotional startegies that drive sales, margin and inventory and profitability goals.
You’ll lead a team whose primary accountabilities are to enable the Nike Direct marketplace strategy, getting our consumers and members the products they love, by developing open to buy forecasts, assortment depth plans, margin and inventory plans for our seasonal products while managing in season opportunities, mitigating risk. In this role, you will leverage marketplace and consumer insights to drive profitable growth, and elevate the Nike brand across the market.
As part of this team, you are a critical thought partner to our leaders – wrangling complex business issues with innovative solutions; delivering insightful consumer, and product analyses; developing action plans that galvanize our teams, while driving growth, optimizing margin and inventory for Nike. Your leadership and partnerships will inform and support key business decisions: growth opportunities, capability requirements and organizational investments.
To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. As a people manager your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables will be extremely important, while at the same time inspiring and motivating the team to succeed. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
This role will require travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
Lead, coach and develop a highly functioning team.
Inspire team with creating future of how we manage and operate business.
Build strong working relations with x-functional teams within both Japan and WHQ (Beaverton, Oregon).
Drive long term revenue, margin and inventory goals through open to buy management, bottoms-up merchandise planning, location planning, and product allocation work to best serve our consumers while meeting liquidation objectives.
Align an integrated plan for assortment, inventory supply and Markdown at any key consumer moments and manage Promotion calendar.
NFS scenario planning includes both liquidation planning and Strategic rebuy assortment depth to capture untapped markdown demand / opportunity and work closely with Finance and Inventory Operations team to ensure company makes right decisions to grow business with healthy inventory.
Develop seasonal, monthly, weekly forecasts in partnership with store teams to maximize growth opportunities during key consumer moments.
Integrate Consumer demand signals & retail plans with key stakeholders to align on strategy, maximize opportunities & balance risk.
Lead quantitative and qualitative analysis that unlocks business insights for NFS and influence over x-functional teams to keep business grow by attracting consumers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field.MBA preferred but not required.
- 6+ years’ experience in Retail buying, planning and/or Sales with multi-dimensional retailer where core responsibilities included planning for retailers.
- Strong team leader with the ability to inspire and motivate direct, in direct and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to partner and influence in a matrix environment with multiple business functions with the ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross-functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail metrics and how they are used across functions to deliver sustainable growth for Nike.Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Language requirement (e.g. Fluency in Japanese and English required. Minimum TOEIC 800+.)