Manager Business Solutions, IT
国 : 日本
都道府県 : 東京都
都市 : 東京
カテゴリー : IT、インターネット
雇用形態 : 正社員
就業形態 : フルタイム
職歴 : 2年から5年
The Business Solutions Manager is someone who can effectively cross-collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define the current and future state of adidas business and its processes, identifying issues and risks, suggesting mitigation strategies and driving towards technology solutions.
BUSINESS RISK MANAGEMENT
• Investigates and reports on hazards and potential risk events within a specific function or business area.
• Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
• Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
• Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
• Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
• Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
• Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organization’s planning and operations.
• Recognizes and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
• Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organization.
PORTFOLIO, PROGRAMME AND PROJECT SUPPORT
• Uses recommended portfolio, programme and project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking. Sets up project files, compiles and distributes reports.
• Provides administrative services to project boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
• Provides guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
• Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization.
• Assists in defining acceptance tests for these recommendations.
• Understands the purpose and benefits of modelling.
• Uses established techniques as directed to model simple subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries.
• May assist in more complex modelling activities.
• Develops models with input from subject matter experts and communicates the results back to them for review and confirmation.
REQUIREMENTS DEFINITION AND MANAGEMENT
• Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for small-scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives.
• Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed requirements. Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required.
• Prioritizes requirements and documents traceability to source.
• Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
• Provides input to the requirements base-line. Investigates, manages and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT / RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
• May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
• Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
• Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
• Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
• Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
• Global IT
• Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
• HR Management
• Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient spoken and written command of English / Japanese
• At least 5-year experience in IT
• 2 years of experience in relevant area
• 1 year of experience in team management
• Understanding of different culture
• Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets