Digital Commerce Partnerships Manager
About the Marketplace Development team
Marketplace Development Team in Nike Japan is responsible to create the marketplace vision in Tokyo to serve consumers and drive growth through distinct and frictionless experiences. The team has a mission to develop cross functional partnerships and processes to enable execution of the strategy.
About the role
In this role you’ll lead the implementation of the digital strategy for Japan in order to remove friction and create distinction for consumers. Drive the execution of the Multi Brand Partner Digital Commerce business, monitor and maintain a clean digital marketplace through rigorous marketplace planning and management, and coordinate with cross functional teams in Japan, other territories, and APLA/Global to ensure execution of the plan.
You’ll need to bring extensive retail/digital execution experience and a natural curiosity to explore and solve problems that haven’t been addressed before. To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership. Your ability to set a vision and prioritize deliverables across a complex body of work will be extremely important. Most importantly, you should be very excited about the opportunity to make a significant impact at Nike.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
Create and execute the multi brand digital strategy. Lead strategic initiatives (e.g. experience, omni-channel) with Strategic Partners
Identify marketplace opportunities to drive growth for Nike and multi brand Strategic Partners in partnership with Account Sales team, Nike Direct and Marketing.
Partner with Nike Direct around experiences, assets and tools that can be leverage with Strategic Partners.
Drive the targeting and forecasting process for the multi brand digital business.
Proactively communicate business results through standardized reporting and regular business reviews.
Establish, maintain and ensure compliance to Nike’s digital distribution policy.
Actively monitor the digital marketplace to ensure Nike products and Brand are represented as expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Marketing or a related field. MBA highly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in marketplace management, strategic planning and/or vendor sales for a multi-store retailer or wholesaler with other apparel / footwear wholesale organization.
- Experience in developing an understanding of consumers, competitors digital and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred.
- Leadership Identify - Strong and demonstrated ability to partner, influence and communicate effectively in a highly complex matrix environment with multiple business functions.
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Language requirement: Fluency in Japanese and Business level English required.