Category Sales Coordinator (Contract)
About the Sales team
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world — from a specialty store in Harajuku to a general footwear store in Sapporo— Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike’s success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
About the role
Launch products are one of the key pillars of the Nike Japan business as we have some of the most sophisticated, on-trend, and sneaker savvy consumers in the world.
To that end, the Category Sales Coordinator is one of the most critical roles to ensure the successful execution at retail to win in the moment of truth.
The Category Sales Coordinator will work very closely with the category leads across the full marketplace: from Nike Direct to multi-brand partners.
For this role, you’ll need to bring a natural curiosity to explore and solve problems that haven’t been addressed before. To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively across different functional teams.
1. Manage the Japan launch and release list to ensure accurate, updated information and communication across different functional teams.
2. Cross functional support to ensure operational excellence: right product, right place, at the right time.
3. Working with inventory operations and inbound team to support delivery progress with focus on key launch products (eg. energy/collaborations).
4. Connecting with geo and territory partners to ensure system accuracies (eg. product attribution, pricing, etc).
- Fluency in both written and spoken Japanese & English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Great team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly in Excel.
- Curiosity & learning agility.
- Flexibility & tolerance for ambiguity.
- Strong passion for the Nike brand, sports and lifestyle.