Business Planner, Strategic Accounts
About the DSM Sales Planning team
Demand and Supply Management’s (DSM) mission is to optimize demand & supply to serve consumers, and drive profitable growth and inventory. In Sales Planning we serve consumers of multi brand accounts.
About the role
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike DSM believes that Consumer demand is Nike Demand.As a Business Planner for Nike Multi-brand Strategic Accounts, you’ll play a significant role in supporting that vision. In this critical role you will lead, develop, drive engagement and inspire the best possible performance in the sales planning team, supporting our strategic accounts
You’ll be accountable of enabling the Strategic Accounts marketplace strategy, getting our consumers the products they love, by developing retail sales forecasts, stock and sales plans and net to gross figures while managing in season opportunities.
As part of this team, you are a critical partner to our leaders – wrangling complex business issues with innovative solutions; delivering insightful consumer, and product analyses; developing action plans that galvanize our teams, while driving growth, optimizing margin and inventory for Nike and our partners.
To be effective you’ll possess a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, an ability to simplify the complex and communicate effectively with executive leadership.
This role will require some travel to Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
Build strong working relations with cross-functional teams within both Japan and WHQ (Beaverton, Oregon).
Drive long term revenue, margin and inventory goals through retail sales forecast, stock and sales plans and net to gross figures to best serve our consumers.
Develop seasonal, monthly, weekly forecasts in partnership with retail planning and cross functional teams to maximize growth opportunities during key brand, sports, and consumer moments.
Integrate Consumer demand signals & retail plans with key stakeholders to align on strategy, maximize opportunities & balance risk.
Lead quantitative and qualitative analysis that unlocks business insights across brick-and-mortar fleet, inclusive of new store concepts and key retail moments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field. MBA preferred but not required.
- 6+ years’ experience in Retail buying, planning and/or Sales with multi-dimensional retailer where core responsibilities included planning for retailers.
- Strong team leader with the ability to inspire and motivate direct, in direct and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to partner and influence in a matrix environment with multiple business functions with the ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross-functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail metrics and how they are used across functions to deliver sustainable growth for Nike and our partners. Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Fluency in Japanese and English - Minimum TOEIC 800+.