Director of Sales And Marketing
mAlAkAi is a self taught, multi-disciplinary artist based between Berlin, Bali and L.A. He has been creating bespoke, fashion jewelry and decor since 1999. Rooted in the So Cal goth and punk scene, mAlAkAi moved to San Francisco in the late 90's where he began his career as a performance artist and DJ. mAlAkAi was know for crafting elaborate, characters. He has performed for Cirque Du Soleil , Jane's Addiction, Coachella, and Torture Garden, to name a few. This expanded into artistic direction, styling, modeling and fashion design.
House Of Malakai, the label, was birthed in 2013 as a vehicle to share his diverse vision and unique past. The HOM project began as an accessory brand focusing on bespoke head wear. In the nomadic spirit, mAlAkAi traveled to Bali, Indonesia where he created the brand’s first atelier. House Of Malakai now is now based in Berlin, Bali and Los Angeles.
mAlAkAi's fantastical creations have become a favorite of many celebrities including FKA Twigs, Erykah Badu, CL and Rihanna. HOM created the iconic headdress and body jewellery for Beyonce's 2017 Grammy performance 'Love Drought', for Peter Dundas. The label has become a source for celebrity stylists, music videos and campaigns including Nike and H&M. HOM has also made its mark on the Paris AW17 catwalk creating pieces for Rick Owens and Manish Arora.
House Of Malakai has been established as a couture label and a street brand alike. His Ready To Wear collections have hit cult status among fashion forward youth, particularly in London, Tokyo, New York, Paris and Seoul. He has been featured in Vogue, Dazed, W, Rolling Stone, and many other fashion and music publications. His creations have a particular attention to detail and hand craft, in combination with modern digital techniques. As a label, House Of Malakai is very focused on quality, craftsmanship, and innovative handwork.
Title: Sales/Marketing Director
House Of Malakai is looking for a person with business, sales and marketing experience
coupled with passion for fashion and art. This person will be tasked with leading the company through the commercial landscape while maintaining a creative strategy and communications. It is ther responsibility to help maintain and organize a consistent trajectory of growth through sells and marketing.
Daily tasks will range from sells / strategy / analytics to graphics / newsletters / adverts. This person will also be in charge of proposals to potential clients / collaborations, social media performance and dealing with in-house press.
This position demands attention to HOMS present activities in the market and artists place, while making decisions based on trends and future projections. The goal is to promote and expand the company's commercial activity that will generate revenues, exposure and lead to sustainable growth.
This is a start up division, the ideal candidate will need to be comfortable and flexible creating new structures.
• Developing and implementing commercial strategies as well as a detailed business plans according to company goals, market research and objectives aiming to accelerate growth (expansion, business development etc.)
• Identifying new commercial opportunities, trends and managing marketing efforts.
• Buyer Communication and update/direct E commerce.
• Create newsletters, proposals, social media adverts and generate e-commerce
• Reach out and target wholesale, retail, custom clients and collaborations
• Understanding the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
• Pricing of products based on cost and current market
• Seek out press opportunities and handling of samples. This will include shipping and
• Communications with stylists, magazines, celebrities and our production house.
• Strong communication skills via email, presentation and spreadsheets.
• Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Basic understanding of SEO, Photoshop and InDesign
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
• Contemporary knowledge of fashion, magazines and artists.
• Experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
• Understanding of market research methods and analysis
• Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset